React is used to handle the view part of Mobile application and Web application. The good thing is that developers can simply create reusable UI components.
If you want to learn React, you should have the basic knowledge of following technologies.
- HTML and CSS
- JS specially with NPM
- Webpack and babel (not mandatory)
Features of React
- React JS based on the virtual DOM instead of the real DOM.
- It uses server-side rendering as well as client side.
- It follows uni-directional data flow or data binding.
- Free and Open Source.
- Use JSX instead of HTML.
- Use Components for re-usability.
Advantages of React
- It increases the application’s performance.
- It is used on client as well as server side.
- Because of JSX, code’s readability increases.
- React is easy to integrate with other frameworks like Meteor, Angular, etc.
Limitations of React
- React is just a library, not a full-blown framework.
- The main drawback of the ReactJS is the size of its library.
- It is very complex and creates a lot of confusion among the developers.
- Most developers don’t like the JSX and inline templating.
- It follow the View part from MVC i.e. only cover one layer of the app.
So in this article you learned what is React JS.
If you want to improve or find anything wrong/error in this article then please leave a message using below comment box.